Permissions Icon Permissions. All rights reserved. Issue Section:.
What is Kobo Super Points?
You do not currently have access to this article. Download all figures. Sign in. You could not be signed in. Sign In Forgot password? Don't have an account? American Historical Association members Sign in via society site.
- Knowledge in the Time of Cholera on Apple Books.
- The Best War Ever: Lies, Damned Lies, and the Mess in Iraq.
- Damit aus meiner Trauer Liebe wird: Neue Wege in der Trauerarbeit (German Edition).
- Shakti and Shakta.
- The Struggle over American Medicine in the Nineteenth Century.
- Piano Concerto No. 23 in A Major movt. 1 (2 Piano Score) - K.488!
- Knowledge in the Time of Cholera: The Struggle over American Medicine in the Nineteenth Century;
Sign in via your Institution Sign in. Purchase Subscription prices and ordering Short-term Access To purchase short term access, please sign in to your Oxford Academic account above. This article is also available for rental through DeepDyve. View Metrics. Email alerts New issue alert.
Advance article alerts. Article activity alert.
Receive exclusive offers and updates from Oxford Academic. Related articles in Google Scholar. Citing articles via Google Scholar. On Acknowledgments. Enrico Dal Lago. Johan Renck, director. Knowledge in the Time of Cholera is bold and assertive, forcing a reconsideration of the historical and sociological relationships between medicine and science, and providing an impressive analysis of the deeply intertwined development of these two professions. Convert currency.
Add to Basket. Book Description University of Chicago Press, Condition: New. New Book. Shipped from UK.
Epistemology in the Time of Cholera | Science
Established seller since Seller Inventory FW More information about this seller Contact this seller. Book Description Condition: New. Seller Inventory n. Language: English.
ISBN 13: 9780226017631
Brand new Book. For the rest of the century, epidemics swept through American cities and towns, killing thousands. These cholera outbreaks raised fundamental questions about medical knowledge and its legitimacy, giving fuel to alternative medical sects that used the confusion of the epidemic to challenge both medical orthodoxy and the authority of the still-new American Medical Association. In "Knowledge in the Time of Cholera", Owen Whooley tells us the story of those dark days, centering his narrative on rivalries between medical and homeopathic practitioners and bringing to life the battle to control public understanding of disease, professional power, and democratic governance in nineteenth-century America.
Seller Inventory AAH Book Description Univ Chicago. Seller Inventory Book Description University of Chicago press. Brand New.
Seller Inventory X. New copy - Usually dispatched within 2 working days.
- Manuel des pharmaciens et des droguistes 2 (French Edition).
- Portrait of Polwerris;
- I Believe in Second Chances.
- Política Y Mesianismo (BIBLIOTECA SAAVEDRA FAJARDO DE PENSAMIENTO POLÍTICO) (Spanish Edition).
- Collision of Evil (A Franz Waldbaer Thriller).
Seller Inventory B Seller Inventory BTE Book Description Condition: NEW. For all enquiries, please contact Herb Tandree Philosophy Books directly - customer service is our primary goal.